Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Gili Islands

After Bali, I heard I had to go to the Gili Islands...numerous travelers told me how beautiful they are, so I obliged. I stayed at a guesthouse for $6/pp including a delicious banana pancake breakfast each morning on our patio.

Gili Trawangan was indeed beautiful, and I took advantage of the beaches every day. Snorkeling was great around there, and I saw sea turtles!! I also biked around the whole island (took a little longer than I expected in the hot sun) and the $3 outdoor movies.

There are no vehicles on the beach, only bikes and....horse tuktuk things. Indeed, I rode in one.


My favorite thing about the island were the beach huts at restaurants. I have become somewhat of an addict to fruit smoothies/milkshakes, so each day I would make it my business to lounge in these huts.




After 3 days of straight relaxation and laziness, I decided it was time to move on to Lombok and challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment