Tuesday 18 September 2012

Kuta Beach-Bali, Indonesia

Kuta Beach Theme Song:


Remember spring breaks in college (and for some of us, maybe high school)? Kuta Beach reminds me of a much cooler version of this, still reminiscent of those times.

The beach is long and golden with beautiful people everywhere you turn. It is a little overwhelming at first, but by my 2nd hour I was enjoying all of it.

I must also note that Kuta Beach has bars in mass quantities. Like, whole streets of them. Bars on top of bars, 6 story bars, basement bars, beach bars, etc. Well you get the point.

So what do you get when you mix the most gorgeous people on the planet with drinking large amounts of their poison of choice? (rhetorical question)

Anyways, I stayed here for almost a week, which was plenty of time to try surfing, save a baby seaturtle, enjoy the nightlife, and walk around the city/shop.

Meeting and hanging out with the locals is always great. I met a group of guys playing music on the beach and they invited me to join in. I learned bongos for the umpteenth time, drank Bintang, and sang Bob Marley (shut up. I already mentioned Indos/Malaysians are obsessed with 'reggae' music/things).

I also talked to some Aussies (pronounced 'Ozzies', duh) and went to some reggae-ish bar (of course) and tried the local delicacy---Arak. Arak is similar to vodka, only more gasoline-like. I would advise you NOT to try this. Reasons unmentioned.

Then I ate and ate like a queen. All week.

That was one interesting week that I will never forget. Pictures soon to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment