Saturday 8 September 2012

Georgetown~Penang

I made it to Malaysia after hours of travel on Saturday, but with much help.

On the bus from the airport, a girl saw my overwhelmed look and that I was by myself with a backpack half my size, and she offered to help me get to where I was going. She got off and walked me out of her way, all the way to my guesthouse.

I stayed at Old Penang Guesthouse in the heart of Georgetown. It was clean and quiet, and central to everything I wanted to see.

The following day I made my way to Penang Hill. From the bus stop, I had no clue where to go, with not another backpacker in sight, so I started walking towards the mountain. After a little bit, I saw Kek Lok Si and started running up the hill. A motorbike stopped and gave me a ride the rest of the way when he saw me panting and chugging alone, sweat rolling all about.

It was such a lovely sight to see.

From there I walked up the hill a little farther to the statue of Kuan Yin.


No comments:

Post a Comment