Tuesday 18 September 2012

KL

Kuala Lumpur. I have mixed feelings about this city. While I had an amazing time the first two days, it was mainly due to my company rather than the city.

The first night I stayed at the most disgusting hostel I have ever seen/slept in. The owner slept on the bunk below mine and my mattress dipped in and the sheets were dirty and the staff was creepy. The only thing that made this bearable was the fact I went out with my English friends and had a spectacular time. We went to Reggae Bar (there is one in every city it seems), had dinner near Imbi Market, and trekked to the Petronas Towers.


The next day I switched hostels to Explorer's Guesthouse. For $5 more than the previous hostel, I got a comfy mattress, clean sheets, and free breakfast. I have already recommended this place to backpacker's going to Malaysia.

Then I headed to Batu Caves. On the way I met two Canadians and we decided to go along together. The caves were beautiful and we saw a ton of thieving monkeys and one tried to get into my purse.



The following two days I was really sick, so I wandered around the city a little, but mostly relaxed and read.

My overall feeling on KL was that it is nice to explore for a day or two, but it is pretty dirty and beware of vendors/taxis trying to rip you off. And beware of monkeys at the caves. Anytime they see a foreigner, they see money.

No comments:

Post a Comment